Friday, October 06, 2006

Have I mentioned that I love beer? I have determined that I am a beer geek....not a beer snob. The difference is that I don't discriminate. I love all beer. You won't see me turn down a frosty Bud, unless there's a Stella available....and I'll tell you why: Stella Artois recently sent me to Denver for a competition. I had a great time! Incredible beer everywhere! The event happened to occur the week before the 25th Anny of the Great American Beer Fest!! Talk about a kid in a beer factory! And just look at the hotel room I had. I'm still grinning! I didn't win the competition, but I can't really complain. I had the highest score....but my time went over the designated 7 minutes. I know....you're asking "7 minutes isn't enough time to pour beer?" Well, you can try it yourself: http://www.stellaartois.com/index.html

The Belgians are particular about their brews, the glassware, and the service. Everyone needs a hobby; this is one of mine. After crowning the champion, we all headed to the local for some celebratory suds. Fantastic! Every pub had a specialty brew (or eight) just for the Beer Fest. Needless to say, that cool, cozy king-size suited me just fine until noon the next day.

No comments: