Sunday, August 06, 2006


Please tell me: who thought this was a good idea? In probably one of the most beautiful places in Dallas, there are four enormous granite teddy bears. The smallest of which, at about 3', is pictured here, inspecting a bronze bee. The biggest is about 8'. Here I am, enjoying a lovely walk, a pause in the only place where a cool breeze overcomes the Texas heat, and I turn around, expecting more of the lovely scenery...and BAM!! I'm scared out of my wits by a bizarre, stoic, giant teddy bear. Something tells me that's it's supposed to be cute, but it's just chilling. The vacant, soul-less eyes, the unsmiling mouth. These are NOT your Vermont-variety teddy bears. *shiver* Then, I get angry. Why? Why take a perfectly serene setting and put huge teddy bears there to scare me? I'm serious. I never had to worry about scary stony children's toys invading my dreams before I saw these monsters. Fortunately, Kronenbourg 1664, a tasty French brew, is now available in our fair city, and the timing couldn't be better. Now I have something to help combat the nasty rock bears in my nightmares. In my book, beer always beats bears.

2 comments:

Zenhydra Lutris said...

If you look in the dictionary, beer always comes after bears.

tifanifty said...

Look at me, breakin' the rules!!! You can't stop me!